First you need an image

OK this is my first time writing a Photoshop tutorial, this will be a simple tutorial showing people how to make a Photoshop brush, I know there are plenty out there but I hope this helps.


so first thing you will need to do is find an image or create your image for this I am going to create a stamp.


Start by making a new document, I will do this one 500 x 200 pixels with a resolution of 300dpi, this resolution isn't necessary but it helps the brush scale better when it comes to using it.




here you can see the settings I have used.


So now you should have a blank document, lets throw in some content grab the type tool and type in what you like.




A chunky font works best for this, I used font size of 18pt as well. Next we will put a border around the stamp.


We do this by using the marquee tool and dragging a box out around our content.




Next create a new layer then go to Edit>Stroke and put in a value that suits you again chunkier the better, in this example I will use 18px.




OK so now we should have our basic stamp, now we are going to give it a worn look, first of all lets merge these layer *note type layer will have to be rasterized (right click type layer then rasterize) :). Then Ctrl +click on the layer thumbnail or cmd + click on a mac. and click layer mask.




This will create another thumbnail next to your layer. ctrl click the new thumbnail and go to filter>brush strokes>spatter and you will get this window.




Using the sliders find what you think looks best in this case i will use spray radius 17 and smoothness of 5.




Click OK and there you will have your finished stamp. now to make it into a brush, simply go to edit>define brush preset and name your brush, the brush will appear at the end of all your other brushes. You can do this to pretty much any high contrast black and white image. hope this helped, enjoy :).







No comments:

Post a Comment